One month's notice to quit is required in writing prior to the termination date of your lease. Your rent is due and payable each month on 1st day of each calendar month. If your rent is not paid on the due date we would point out that we are under no obligation to issue a reminder notice to you, but if it is more than seven days late and we find ourselves in the situation of having to write to you regarding late payment, then a charge in this respect will be made of £10.00 +vat per letter/reminder. Any outstanding sums will be deducted from your deposit at the end of tenancy.
It is essential you notify us one month in advance of your intention to terminate your tenancy as stated in clause 14 (b) of your lease. (You must notify us in writing.)
We recommend that you arrange an appointment which will ensure you are present at the final inspection. This will give you the opportunity to discuss the check out.
A Goodearl representative will attend your appointment and will talk you through the check out procedure.
Our representative will ask for your forwarding address, current phone number and details of your bank account to allow us to return your deposit as quickly as possible. You will require to submit copies of your final paid utility bills and confirmation from the council tax authorities stating there is no outstanding council tax.
TIPS TO ENSURE A SATISFACTORY CHECK OUT
1. Ensure all light bulbs are replaced.
2. Ensure all broken/lost items are replaced with similar substitutes
3. Ensure all items listed on the original inventory are in place
4. Ensure garden where applicable is tidy and balconies are clean
5. Ensure the property is cleaned to a high standard throughout
TIPS TO ENSURE HIGH STANDARD OF CLEANING
1. Windows should be cleaned inside and out
2. Bedding/towels if applicable should be laundered/ironed and stored in a tidy manner and all beds made up
3. Remember to move furniture and clean underneath
4. Carpets should be checked for stains and if stained, stains removed
5. Sofa covers/upholstery should be cleaned where necessary and cushions and sofas vacuumed
6. Mattresses should be checked for any staining and stains removed
A. Check all appliances are cleaned inside and out (ovens, cookers, fridges, freezers, microwaves)
B. All foodstuffs should be removed from cupboards, fridges, freezers and disposed of by the tenant
C. All cupboards should be cleaned inside and out and worktops washed down
D. All crockery/cutlery/glasses/pots should be cleaned
E. Extractor fans should be cleaned
A. Extractor fans should be cleaned
B. Grouting should be cleaned and mould removed
C. Shower curtains/screens should be washed
D. WC/wash hand basin/bath should be cleaned